Cinco de Mayo is almost here! It’s time to start planning a delicious Mexican-inspired meal that will impress your family and friends.
HIC’s Tortilla Press is specially designed for creating 6.25-inch homemade tortillas and other artisan flat breads of the perfect thickness every time. Made from heavyweight aluminum for durability, the sturdy handle provides for effortless leverage when making tortillas.
If you’ve never made your own tortillas, you don’t know how easy it is to do. (Five simple steps!)
- Prepare your dough recipe or use ready-made dough.
- For best results, line both sides of the press with plastic wrap, wax paper, or parchment paper to prevent dough from sticking to the press.
- Roll a small amount of dough into a ball and place it in the center of the press. Flatten the dough slightly by hand then close the press.
- Fold the handle over the press and apply a firm pressure to create griddle-ready rounds.
- Gently remove the plastic wrap from the flattened dough and cook according to recipe.
The press is handy for making a variety of flatbreads, including Caribbean roti, focaccia, moo shoo pancakes, mini pie or tart shells, and more.